Friday, January 7, 2011

Family Night at the Movies...

I wish this post had more exciting pictures then just this one from the movie but I've got nothing, but this is still a memory of the year to record, can't take my camera everywhere. The family already makes enough fun of me for the amount of pictures I take. Anyway Wednesday evening we headed across the bridge for a Bing Family night.

Papa Bing was in charge of dinner for this event and he's called us in the afternoon saying dinner was being pushed back a bit. He'd spend five hours the night before prepping his dinner and it needed to go in the oven at 3 pm. Mom Bing, aka Laureen was supposed to pop them in the oven but was gone the whole day and couldn't. So the great guy that he is took a cab home from work to get his meal in the dinner. When we got there dinner was in the oven, he asked me about his modified cooking schedule, but I explained I was not the girl to ask about cooking times.

Dinner was pretty delicious... Papa Bing had made homemade cabbage rolls which normally I wouldn't like, but since having them at the Bing home, I think they are delicious! He'd made 80 of them so we all were encouraged to eat up. Mom Bing had told him he needed to have dessert to go with his meal, since she always does ( I just love them ) so he brought out his speciality... Deep and Delicious Cakes.... hahha too funny.

Almost the whole fam headed to the movies tonight. Meaghan and Jason weren't able to join us since Meg wasn't feeling too hot, she'd been able to get some rest that day, so we hope she's feeling much, much better! Anyway we all headed out and were treated to a movie, we normally do this Christmas Eve but since a lot of the fam couldn't make it we did it another day. We went and saw "Gulliver's Travels" which had some cute moments, but otherwise was just kinda blah... sorry Jack Black but I just didn't love it. The acting and the dancing was really awkward, you have to see it to understand but wait to rent it! Also no one needs to see Jack Black without a shirt on. Again, sorry Jack Black.

What I did love though was having an entire row almost FILLED by the family. It's fun to look both ways down a row and know that you're related to all these people surrounding you. It's nice to have family time no matter what we do, and I'm thankful for my in-laws and how they work hard to find a time when we are all free to go have some fun family time.

I'd also like to thank everyone for the great comments on my last random post, I was not expecting that at all, since it was just my random memories, but your all awesome and rocked my socks.

I'm up much later then I wanted to be today, but I'm glad I posted. I'm fighting off a nasty cold right now and my voice is not sounding great, especially for someone who needs to use it at both jobs. Wish me luck to get feeling better. It was sweet today the grade two's that I was with today would always point out moments where I was getting to rest my voice today, such sweeties, I'm excited to be back with them this time next week.

3 comments:

Jackie O'Hearon said...

So glad that you get to have such wonderful family times. The Bings are a great family, especially Brandon!! Poppa Bing impresses me more and more....and YOU ate cabbage rolls!!!!
Great post and you are an awesome blogger and multi-tasker. So proud of you......love love love you!!!

The Super Seven said...

You mean Jack Black wasn't a huge hottie with his shirt off???? LOL......sounds like you had a fun time out!!! Good to know that the movie was a rental as well.....hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have such a fun family! At least the company was good since the movie sounds like it was lacking!