Monday, January 17, 2011

Busy week, with a bonus of a beautiful baby!

So this last week was BUSY, hence the lack of posting, but I'm glad I have pictures to share. This week brought what seems to be normal for me now, which is busy. I had four and a half sub days this week and I cannot complain. I am loving being in the classroom and I love the kids that I am working with! This week brought grades primary, one, two and five, so I had a nice range of students. We thought we might have a snow day this week, but alas, no snow day. I did enjoy getting a snow day from work though, it as nice after a long day of teaching to come home and just relax. Brandon and i have recently caught up with The Office and Big Bang Theory so we were looking for something new, and we've started, How I Met your Mother, and we are both really enjoying it. So we enjoyed the show while watching the snow falling!

Thursday was a GREAT night because I got to see my Team Thursday girls... these are my group of girls that have been my greatest friends since elementary. I haven't seen them since before the holidays and it was killing me not to see them. I hadn't even given them their gifts yet from the holidays... such a slacker!! We had a great visit, we always laugh, smile and chat like crazy when we are together. My friend Laura is pregnant and is looking so adorable... she has just the cutest little baby bump, I just found out that she finds out what she is having on February 18th, and I am so excited! It was a kinda sad night because our friend Kerry is moving to Australia to be with her boyfriend Stewart and although we are all so excited for her, we are so sad that she's leaving us for a little while. I love these girls and don't know what I'd do without them!

Friday was our monthly Stampin' Up club and it was much needed!! We had our crafty night at Lis' place and she was a great hostess!! Kathy hooked us up with some great projects and I am so thrilled to get my latest order to make some Valentine goodies. We had great conversation and even better food. The theme was a bit more healthy tonight which was a needed and nice change. There was so much delicious food, but I have to say Lesley ruled the night with her fruit salsa, and thinking about it again is making me want it so so so much right now!

Saturday after working at the book store, my sweet sister-in-law Sarah picked me up and we got ready to head over to the Bing's. Peter had taken all the Bing Boys to a Rainmen game (a local basketball team) so Laureen got all the ladies together. It was a relaxing night with family and I'm so glad Sarah and I both had to work until similar times. The boys had a great night at the game, the Halifax Rainman won the game by almost 40, and Peter had to go on the court to compete in some contest, thanks to my brother-in-la Jason, oh how I wish I could have seen that. They said that he did pretty great. When I got home later that night to talk to Brandon who had to go straight to work after the game, and he said that he had a blast and that we need to go sometime which I would be totally down for. While the boys were at the game, the ladies had a girls night at home. We had some yummy snacks, some girl chats and we watched the such cute movie, Enchanted it is a family fav!! The best part of the night was getting to snuggle miss Alexis, she is getting closer to 2 months and she is growing so much, her looks are really starting to change. I apologize for the picture quality, they were taken on my iphone, I don't know what I was thinking not taking my good camera... I will learn for next time! Enjoy the shot of our little Bing Sweetie Pie!
Miss A wearing the outfit we gave her at her baby shower... the shoes are still a little big, but she looks adorable!!
Love, Love, Love the little headband, it's such a beautiful headband on this precious little girl- she can definitely pull off the headband look!!
One more full shot oh my stylin' little niece
She looked so adorable all bundled up to go home that I couldn't not snap away!
she just looks so tiny in her seat, but so cozy!
Seriously little ears and a knitted hat on Alexis looks sooooo cute!! Such a perfect little baby face with her little baby nose... oh I just could squeeze her!!

I took the rest of the weekend easy, I have lots that I need to do, but I am slowly learning that I need to just relax a little more, especially if I'm going to keep surviving these busy weeks!

This week has brought on four sub days and three book store days, so again a busy week, but no complaints. I feel fortunate to have subbing days right now, since it is still early on in the new year. I just finished another great book that I want to share, I plan on starting a book blog soon, I just need to find a few minutes to start it up, so be on the look out... my goal is to read 50 books this year and I hope I can accomplish that!!

5 comments:

The Super Seven said...

Can't wait to see what books you have been reading. Once I can get back in the swing of books I'll be borrowing them all :) So glad to read an update even though we chat all the time.....love blog updates!!

Laura Dunford said...

I have a book I want you to track down for me and maybe pick up for me. It's called The Enders Game. Jeremy recommended it to me, so I may give it a read if I EVER have time again.

I love the outfit you gave Alexis. I KNEW it was from you the minute Meaghan changed her profile picture. I'm good like that!

The Full Nelson said...

love the outfit, very cute!

Becca Jane said...

We're hoping for a boy (well, we actually don't care, but would love a brother for Cam), but when I see precious baby girls like this, I can't help but hope it's a girl!!! CUTE!

Ariel said...

Alexis is so cute! I love the outfit, especially the headband and shoes, so cute!