Monday, May 3, 2010

Birthday 10 days in our Family!

Happy Birthday O'Hearon Children
In our family the four children celebrate their birthdays within 10 days of each other. Mike and Kathy share a birthday which is April 26th, followed by Laura on May 2nd and I bring up the end of the birthday train on May 6th. It's a lot of cake in 10 days and a lot of work for mom, so this year she has started a new tradition and it is having a big family dinner to celebrate us all, and it was a GREAT idea- we love having family dinners and hanging out taking pictures and being goofy! Brandon, Jeremy and the twins were the only family missing, it'll be awesome to have everyone together in the future. We had a BBQ dinner with yummy salads and just enjoyed each others company. Of course I took lots of pictures and even more will be posted on facebook as soon as I can get to it!
Me and my wonderful siblings... 27-21-31-33
Finally got to see Laura's ring in real life... here are two shots
It's a beauty!
The two eldest Birthday children
The two youngest birthday children with our matching cards, mom told Kathy she'll get her card like ours next year- when mom finds something she likes she stocks up!
Me and my eldest niece Jessica she is getting too grown up!
This cracked me up... love the tongue and the gimpy hand
This one was much better!
Sarah the shooting star
cute girl Georgia starting on her trike and the moving to her big girl bike
Cooper likes sitting on the trike until Nanny pushes him off it- poor kid!
See these two happy girls... this was before the dog came out... then those smiles were replaced with screams of fear and can I just say it was the FUNNIEST thing EVER! had I of been quicker with the camera I would have made a video, but I was almost wetting my pants laughing so hard that I couldn't film it. Jake, Georgia and Cooper not too much of a problem around dogs... Jessica and Sarah terrified, and we don't really know why. So a neighbors happy-go-lucky golden lab named Dexter comes out of the house and is excited to see all sorts of kids and is running around free and excited. I should note that when I say running it's more like a gallop, he was a pretty bug dog but super gentle but boy could he prance around. Anyway so he's running around, and we notice Jess and Sarah are missing, they are further down the path in our back yard with their bikes hiding behind a bush- so funny. So Dexter starts heading their way and finds them behind the bush, all you hear is screaming and a bike crashing to the ground. Jessica takes of running, well actually more like sprinting away from this dog. She had her helmet on and is just running for dear life away from this dog screaming. We are standing down the path laughing so hard- even her parents so don't think I'm mean. So half way down she slows down thinking the dog is gone because she kept looking back to see if it was there and she couldn't see it, WRONG he was right there and the sprint began again with the screams- it was a hoot! I know I sound mean but it was so funny. Both girls accompanied by an adult ran quickly to the house where they stayed until they went home. I wish I had it on video I just wish!

Speaking of Happy-Go-Lucky doesn't this look on her face scream Happy-Go-Lucky!
***
Following the festivities I headed down to the hospital to visit with the girls. What a treat for me, I came just as Finley was finishing a bath and putting on a onesie... first time I saw her in real clothes. Then I got to see Emmy get her first in the water bath, and also see her in a onesie, I also got to hear her make a little sqawk- it was so cute! Finley also had her eyes nice and wide open which I LOVED. I took loads of pic's for mike and leah, I call myself the girls paparazzi! It was a great day and I'm looking to celebrate my birthday this Thursday.
***
Wish me luck this week, luck has come my way at work and I've picked up some extra shifts for the next two weeks- all starting at 6 am. I'm super pumped to get the training i am in the morning, but worried about how tired I will be for the next two weeks... my goal is to get to bed at a decent hour every night. I am loving working at Chapters and excited to get to shelve more books, I love straightening books! Hope you are all having a Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

Wow... your 27.... I did not clue into that at all. Except you kind of aren't for a few more days. Whatever.

Um, Jacobs hand was not gimpy by the way... it was his gay hand.

mrs. farlanderz said...

can I just say I LOVE how close your family is! you guys seem like such good friends.
Happy Birthday!
I think a big dinner for 4 birthdays is such an awesome tradition!

Sharee said...

I turn 27 this year too!! Crazy huh?? So, You all have birthdays within 10 days?? We want to do that with our kids and then just go on trips or something for their birthdays! How have you liked it??

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday in a few days! I love all the celebrating. And I love all the stories and pics; especially of Georgia riding her bike! Good luck this week at Chapters!

The Full Nelson said...

sounds like a fun birthday celebration! Glad you got to hang out with the twins too!

Terri said...

Loved the story about the girls and the dog! And I love Georgia's face on that bike, too... you can almost see the wheels turning... thinking of all the stuff she can do(get into) with the freedom! She is so darn cute!!

Hope your birthday is wonderful!

love you!
Terri